CCleaner fails to run

brigtoo 10:13 27 Aug 07

i tick box for ccleaner to run when pc starts. if i close ccleaner, when i next reopen programme the box is unchecked and programme has failed to start. this even happens if i close and reopen immediately. anybody experienced same and any fix.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:38 27 Aug 07

I would delete it and download it again. In any case I would not be too worried about it starting with your computer...once a week is ample.

G

birdface 11:45 27 Aug 07

With GANDALF with this one ,Why would you want it to run at start up,I run mine maybe once or twice a month and that is more than adequate.Remember this is just a general crap and registry cleaner and has nothing to do with Spyware or Anti-Virus programs.

spuds 12:16 27 Aug 07

I use AWC2 set to run on start-up, which removes most items similar to CCleaner. Once a month a check is done with CC to clear up the remnants.

mfletch 12:35 27 Aug 07

Hi all, Its like buteman says its a on demand program you just open it and run it when you want to clean crap off your computer,

It has no Antispyware properties installed so does not have to run in the back ground,

mfletch

sunny staines 12:52 27 Aug 07

each weekend i run a spyware scan and and reg checker/cleaner. i alternate which ones i run from a small collection so that each one runs at least once a month but the pc is scanned one a week.

1st of month run a monthly chkdsk and defrag too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…