CCleaner Enhancer

johndrew 10:34 AM 25 Jul 12
Answered

I found this free add-on to CCleaner and wondered if anyone here would find it useful.

northumbria61 16:25 PM 25 Jul 12

Thanks johndrew - I have looked at it previously but haven't tried it. Nothing to lose so maybe I will give it a go.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:05 PM 25 Jul 12
Answer

Yes already use it, to clear out extra rubbish generated by programs not covered by CCleaner.

rdave13 17:28 PM 25 Jul 12

I've tried it and when Ccleaner opens, the 'run cleaner' tab takes a few seconds to be active. Removed the enhancer and it still leaves registry leftovers as the tab still takes time to open and the extra list is still shown. This after uninstalling and reinstalling Ccleaner. Next step will be to remove Ccleaner using Revo, when I have time, and then reinstall. Dislike something that leaves registry traces.

sunnystaines 13:55 PM 26 Jul 12

i use it its ok

rdave13 19:39 PM 26 Jul 12

Well finally found out how to get rid of the CCenhancer. I had to download it again, run the .exe file and under 'Functions' I selected 'delete custom rules'. I then deleted the .exe file. Ccleaner back to normal.

Just be careful what you tick in the box when using Ccenhancer.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED