CCleaner Download

Cesar 08:39 29 Apr 06

How do I download CCleaner. Thanks in advance.

SG Atlantis® 08:41 29 Apr 06

click here

click download latest version.

Save it to your desktop, then run it.

spuds 11:41 29 Apr 06

After downloading, and before use, retain any passwords that you may have stored on the computer. CCleaner can sometimes 'clean' these.

Cesar 09:12 30 Apr 06

How do you retain passwords before using CCleaner.

Bill Bixby 09:14 30 Apr 06

In my experience with CCleaner, I've never lost any passwords. You'll be fine.

BurrWalnut 09:43 30 Apr 06

Don't forget to remove the 'foistware' tick alongside the Yahoo toolbar when installing.

spuds 11:44 30 Apr 06

On the 'odd' occasion I have found that CCleaner can remove certain things that you may not have wanted removing at a later stage, hence the message reminder when CCleaner commences a scan. Paswords have been one such removal, hence my warning advice. Some people use one password for everything, whilst other people may use a vast combination of passwords for various programmes. By retaining password(s)for future reference either physically or mentally, could perhaps prevent future problems.Making up a password, then clicking on 'do you want the computer to remember this' can never be 100%, especially if the password is a one off.Best to be safe than sorry!.

spuds 11:50 30 Apr 06

Forgot to add, that CCleaner is a very good and easy to use programme, I have used it since the original version was issued,and have updated it ever since, so don't let my 'advice' deter you from using it. Download it and enjoy.

Cesar 09:02 01 May 06

Thanks to all for your very helpful advice.

Ccleaner doesn't remove passwords unless you ask it to. There is a box to check if you want passwords removed.

spuds 09:56 01 May 06

"Ccleaner doesn't remove passwords unless you ask it to". That's correct. But on initial installation the boxes could be already ticked, and the new user would perhaps overlook this. Removal of cookies also comes into the same category.

Another posting could perhaps back-up my theory of 'losing' passwords click here

I would have thought, that it is best to be wise 'before the event, than after',especially if the programme is a first time complete new installation!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…