CCleaner does not clear tracking cookies

john bunyan 13:27 19 Dec 09

Now using W7. I run CCleaner in default mode every day . After that (usually only visited PCA site) I run Superantispyware. Since W7 it find 6 or 7 Adaware tracking cookies in [email protected] etc where myname is actually my user name. the last bit is myname@ - then various .txt files. Is there a way to tell CCleaner to delete them ?

johndrew 13:36 19 Dec 09

Ccleaner should remove all cookies that your browser collects. Have a look at the online Docs and see if you have either de-selected a tick box or added some cookies to your `Keep` list. click here

birdface 13:43 19 Dec 09

admt etc.belongs to windows messenger I think.

It should be atdmt.com is yours different or maybe the spelling is wrong.

beynac 13:44 19 Dec 09

You say "usually only visited PCA site". It's possible/probable that you are getting the cookies from this site.

john bunyan 14:07 19 Dec 09

I wonder if these are from applicatons such as iTunes or Raditracker. Next time I run SAS I will note the names in more detail. Still puzzled why Avira, did not find them.

john bunyan 14:09 19 Dec 09

Also how do they get there, and not the usual cookies place?

eedcam 19:15 19 Dec 09

I had this its something you have to choose in Ccleaner cant remeber but askon their own forum
click here

mfletch 19:18 19 Dec 09

In settings its set as default only to delete cookies over 24 hours old

rdave13 19:25 19 Dec 09

I don't think Ccleaner is working well with Win 7. Always get about 31,300 KB of 3,012 files cleaned, of those 55 files are cookies. That's after visiting this site only.
Try cleaning then rebooting. Log on to here, browse a bit then run Ccleaner again.
Could be my set-up of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…