Ccleaner cleaning me out completely, JUST MAYBE?

lisa02 23:06 08 Mar 05

Im kinda curious, cleaner, I have started using it. The lists it compiles to delete are fixed are there any chances it could be deleting some vital files?

It seems to be going in and out of all folders, ones I have never looked at..

Just being cautious.

GroupFC 23:13 08 Mar 05

Have a look through this thread click here

Kev.Ifty 23:19 08 Mar 05

I have used this for a while, without any problems.

There are options listed on the left hand plane, which can be ticked or unticked according to your preferences. Also there are options to 'save' certain cookies(eg: remembering ones email addy) so as not remove those cookies from sites that you visit regularly.

Have a good look at the 'options'!

I've found this program very useful.

Kev.

lisa02 23:25 08 Mar 05

Its hit and miss with all your opinions, I have ran it twice and it has found loads to remove, I set a restore point the first time I ran it. Incase it went pear shaped. But all seems fine.

Still not sure; guess I could waste a few hours on an install if it goes wrong but I doubt it from what most are saying. I don't allow passwords to be saved etc, and I always empty cookies and what not so if it deletes them before I manually do then fine.

pc moron 23:39 08 Mar 05

Read Ccleaner's Help file, it will explain what's what.

Same as Kev.Ifty here, I've been using it for a fair while and no problems whatsoever.

Happy Soul 14:19 09 Mar 05

Put your mind at rest lisa02, just install and leave the settings as they are.

Delete everything it finds, I don't even bother to back up now. Tried and tested.

When you run the Issues Tab, Fix everything and then re-run, as sometimes the Fixed issues cause other issues.

CCleaner, if anything, cleans less files than some other Reg. Cleaners but I'd sooner that than it clear too much.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 09 Mar 05

Been using for quite awhile never had a problem.

However for anyone that has moved their Firefox cache CC will not now remove it as CC only clears the Firefox default folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…