CCleaner (Beta)

Angry Kid 19:36 23 Jan 06

Available click here

I have one question regarding this version.

How safe is it to run CCleaner on 'Hotfix Uninstallers'?

I have used this program many times before after reading recommendations from this forum, however, the 'Hotfix Uninstaller' amounts to nearly 298 MB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Angry ;)

PaulB2005 19:38 23 Jan 06

"How safe is it to run CCleaner on 'Hotfix Uninstallers'?"

It's a Beta release. This means it might have bugs in it and is still being tested. Whilst i don't think it'll destroy your PC be aware of what a Beta release is. It's a release that's still being tested so the question of "How safe...." probably can't be accurately answered.

Angry Kid 20:00 23 Jan 06

Thanks for your post.

To be honest you have just confirmed what I thought at the back of my mind. I think I will wait until the program is the full release.

However, I did wonder whether any of the 'techies' on this forum had run this Beta version.

Thanks again

Angry ;)

bluto1 22:53 23 Jan 06

Angry Kid,
I`ve got it on board and I ran it yesterday evening, and it took 83 seconds to complete a clearance of over 23 Mb. Funny thing I`ve not noticed any detrimental change in my PC`s operation. Hope that helps.

The Spires 23:39 23 Jan 06

I have run the program a few times, there does not seem to be any problems.

Angry Kid 18:48 24 Jan 06

Thanks for your postings.

I have decided to hold fire for the moment and try once again when it is released from Beta.

I presume you checked all the boxes as regulary discussed on the forum?

Angry ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced