ccleaner

yorkieman 03:32 23 Jan 09

hi i have just installed ccleaner again but what i would like to know is how do i stop it clearing all my passwords when i run it? any ideas please

BigCam 04:29 23 Jan 09

Hi
Go into Options> cookies
Two windows displayed
1 Cookies to delete
2 Cookies to keep
You need to put the cookies for the password sites into the keep window
Just look through them for the named site and select them and use the > option to put them into the keep window
Hope this helps
BigCam

mooly 08:36 23 Jan 09

BigCam is spot on, I asked for help on this to a while back. Cookies accumulate so quickly I would run CCleaner, reboot-important, then input all your passwords etc. Don't visit any other web sites before going into CCleaner as advised above and move over all the cookies you have picked up.

Joe R 09:35 23 Jan 09

yorkieman,

start CCleaner, click on Cleaner-applications-firefox/internet explorer.

Untick saved form information.

yorkieman 16:57 23 Jan 09

just done that ran a scan all my passwords gone will now uninstall the awfull programme

isca2 17:05 23 Jan 09

Hardly an awful program. If you had carried out what has been advised by BigCam, all passwords and their cookies would have been Ok. I have used CCleaner for a long time and have not had any problems.

blanco 18:37 23 Jan 09

that you don't need to include Cookies at all in the clean up if that's your sole worry.

bionicle 21:08 23 Jan 09

CCleaner is an excellent prog.You just need to save the cookies for your passwords and settings to be saved. Try a few run throughs...there is not much better than this program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now