CCleaner

thumbscrew 23:21 05 Aug 08

Any CCleaner users about? It states it will delete browsing history, but each time I click on that section, it says "Cleaning complete". However, when I log in, all my browsing history is still there????

Peter 23:47 05 Aug 08

You could always delete your browsing history within Internet Explorer. Tools, Internet Options..., Delete, History - I think.

Peter.

thumbscrew 23:50 05 Aug 08

Yo Pete, thanks, did that, I just wondered why CCleaner didn't eradicate them as promised.

crosstrainer 06:23 06 Aug 08

Procedure is: Click on the "analyze" button, then click clean...If it won't remove those entries then I suggest you uninstall and download and install the latest version from:

click here

rawprawn 07:26 06 Aug 08

2 Silly questions, No 1. are all the relevant boxes ticked in the left hand panel and important No 2. make sure that "Only delete files in Windows Temp Folders older than 48 hours" is not ticked in Options/ Advanced

Halmer 07:54 06 Aug 08

IE and/or FF?

thumbscrew 09:25 06 Aug 08

Thanks rawprawn and Halmer, yes done all that but in Mozilla my history is remaining there.

rdave13 09:31 06 Aug 08

Click applications tab and see if relevant boxes ticked for firefox. Try the updated version if not already got; click here

Arnie 10:58 06 Aug 08

This is exactly the procedure I use with Firefox.

Clapton is God 12:40 06 Aug 08

I'll assume that you have ticked the History box under Windows in CCleaner as well as Firefox under Applications, as above, but did you reboot after running the full clean?

thumbscrew 19:43 06 Aug 08

Evening Clapton is God and no, I've never rebooted, I never knew you had to. Can't find any mention of that on their screen. I'll try that thanks.
Ps, if Claptout (Sorry) is God, then Van Halen is Satan.
Rock'n'Roll.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac