CCD/IMG/SUB Files

Dumfy 21:38 04 Apr 04

Hi All,

I'm baffled by this. My brother-in-law was given disk from his college to install on his PC at home to help him in his coursework. It came as a Winrar file and when it was extracted, it split into three sections....namely a .ccd/.img/.sub

Both he and I are unsure about this and don't know what we need to do next. How do we get the software to install as just clicking on each of the icons does nothing.

Many thanks in anticipation

Dumfy

VoG II 21:45 04 Apr 04
  Dumfy 14:35 05 Apr 04

Thanks for the links and info.

I did manage to work out that the three files in question were part of clonecd, but I'm still stuck even after reading the links.

How do I put them together, which I assume I have to do in order to install his software.

I've installed from ISO images before, first copying them to CD and installing from there when the disc is inserted, but I don't understand what I need to do when confronted with three separate files. CloneCD will only recognise one of them and that is the one with the .ccd extension.

Regards

Dumfy

toxin 17:05 05 Apr 04

Hi Dumfy!

The IMG is a Gem raster image file; Irfanview can open this for you if you download the required plugin, you can then save as a JPG or PNG.

Dumfy 19:38 05 Apr 04

It's getting a little frustrating this problem. Still not getting anywhere.

I understand what you're saying, toxin and thanks for the help. But the IMG file in question on the disk is around 455MB so it's way too big to be a used as what I would call a standard image file like jpeg/png.

It must be an image of the program on the CD to be that size.

Dunno how to join all three parts up though. Anybody have an idea? It's probably obvious, but I can't work it out.

Regards

Dumfy

Dumfy 00:36 06 Apr 04

..bump up to top

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…