ccAppl.dll and .exe hacktool - how do I remove?

David-235429 12:51 05 Mar 05

Although I have Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti Virus and regularly use SpyBot S & D and Ad-Aware 6.0 my pc is infected with the above hack tool.

Norton advises starting PC in safe mode and deleting items from the registry which sounds serious! Is there any other way or can anyone give me an idiots guide ?!

Many thanks

David

curlylad 13:05 05 Mar 05

Are you sure that those are the exact names of the items ? The reason I ask is because the files ccapp.exe and ccapp.dll are files of NAV2003.Have you tried running your Anti Virus in safe mode to see what it says then.

If it still is being flagged up by your Anti Virus then we can try something else as I do know that ccapp.exe can be an alias for Worm.Ahker.d.

David-235429 13:32 05 Mar 05

Hi

Noton listed those entries when I did the virus check, maybe thoese are the files that are infected?

It also calls it: Hacktool.SCKeyLogger

Does this help?

VoG II 13:35 05 Mar 05

It should be straightforward click here

Read click here first.

David-235429 13:40 05 Mar 05

I am running Windows XP and Norton tells me I should:

Update the virus definitions.
Run a full system scan and write down the filenames detected as Hacktool.SCKeyLogger.
Do one of the following:
Windows 95/98/Me: Restart the computer in Safe mode.
Windows NT/2000/XP: End the hacktool process.
Delete the value that was added to the registry.
Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Hacktool.SCKeyLogger

How do I "end the hacktool process" ? and what is the value I should be deleting from the registry?

VoG II 13:42 05 Mar 05

All is explained in my first "click here"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…