ccApp.exe problem

Hazzar 21:44 16 Jan 07

When I try to start I.E. the following pops up.
ccApp.exe Application error.
The instruction at "0x1110cc00" referenced memory at "0x1110cc00". The memory could not be read. Click to terminate the programe.

Clicking on X does not close the popup,I can surf
but Norton Internet Security has shut down the second the popup appears so I assume I have no virus protection( I am typing this on a friends computer) Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony.

STREETWORK 21:47 16 Jan 07

click here

This could be related to Norton, which version of Ie are you using?

VoG II 21:51 16 Jan 07

Uninstall and reinstall Norton. Or better uninstall Norton click here and install AVG click here

muddypaws 22:24 16 Jan 07

Hazzar.
I had this problem last October and this cured it for Norton 2003:
click here

Scroll down to the entry for 24th May 2006 and follow the instructions there. Very simple--as I did it. Keep the link safe in cvase you need it again.

BearHead 22:36 16 Jan 07

Nah, IE is simply not a good browser, try Firefox click here , that one doesnt give me any trouble, you shouldt have ccApp on your computer anyway, press CTRL-ALT-DEL-->Go to Processes-->Find ccApp-->Terminate, thats it, i don't know any people who use Internet Explorer anymore and I'm not one of them, coz we all know that IE is way too buggy

muddypaws 22:51 16 Jan 07

BearHead
I assume Hazzar is referring to CCAPP a Norton file which is essential to turn on the anti-virus. It is different to ccApps which, as you say, you don't want.

BearHead 22:57 16 Jan 07

ccApp.exe probably is a component of Norton, never thought about that but I don't use Norton either, AVG is much better but my point is that IE causes more problems than a spyware, you shouldnt use it in the first place

well an awful lot of people do!

Allyginger 23:43 16 Jan 07

CCapp.exe is a common client application for Norton. I used to have Nortons anti-virus and firewall. This is part of it.

BearHead 23:52 16 Jan 07

ok, so the solution is - Mozilla FireFox click here the definite winner

Hazzar 20:05 17 Jan 07

Thanks for all the help. I have done a system restore in safe mode. So far all A.O.K.
Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5