ccApp.exe -- Help??

nath321 19:45 10 Nov 05

I have recently been having a problem shuting down my computer i have a new dell and am running windows xp . when i click shut down a pop up window appers sayin that ccApp.exe is shuting down what is this ?

dickens 19:52 10 Nov 05

Next time just type the file name in google for all the answers. The following is an extract from a monitoring programe I use. === Ccapp.exe is the Common Client CC App. It installs with Norton AntiVirus and Norton Personal Firewall. The file is required and should be allowed to run on startup. It should be left running all the time. Removing it will disable your virus protection. Symantec offers detailed information about this file at click here.

Good luck

nath321 20:44 10 Nov 05

thanks for the help it just i had seen that it was aslo associated with media.fastclick do u know if this is true

bremner 20:48 10 Nov 05

One of the settings within NAV is to scan the floppy disk drive on shut down. This can cause problems resulting in the ccApp window if there is no disk in the drive or no floppy drive at all.

To switch this feature off go to Options > System > Auto Protect > Advanced and take the tick out of 'Scan Floppy Disk A for boot viruses when shutting down'.

Thois did the trick for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…