ccApp prog is ending on shutdown & Norton Int Sec

Staffie 20:23 25 Jul 05

My laptop is running windows xp pro with service pack 2 and I have Norton Internet Security 2005, which I keep up to date. A recent Symantic Software update, Symantic Common Client 288.4KB resulted in my computer having problems shutting down. It states that ccApp programme is ending and then takes ages to close. Also I am unable to open my Emails in outlook express. If I do a symstem restore to remove this update everything works fine. I have tried Symantic web site and followed their suggestions of deleting all temp files and removed the option to search the floppy drive as my computer doesn't have one. I have also run spy and adaware and scanned for a virus. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

mattyc_92 20:25 25 Jul 05

I have the shutting down problem, but you can just click onto "End Task" which will close it straight away and then your system will shutdown/log you off.

As for the e-mail problem, have you checked your "Anti-Spam" options to see if anything has been changed?

Lettervanman 20:42 25 Jul 05

Hi staffie,
This has happened to me yet again to-day,and does each time there is a common client update.
The cure is to reset the firewall rules, at least as far as the email problem goes.
click here
Hope this links works I have just typed it in from a printout!

Lettervanman 20:43 25 Jul 05

It does! I have just checked it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…