Ccapp not responding

genesis59 17:24 20 Oct 05

PC slowing down and semi freezing (if you know what I mean). Tried some fixes from Norton and have done a Highjackthis log. Tried to copy to this forum but didn't allow me.
Welcome any advice even if it's to say get rid of Norton Antivirus, Personal Firewall etc. Didn't have this problem until installing firewall a month ago.
Thanks in anticipation.

sunny staines 18:24 20 Oct 05

try running chkdisk, with fix any errors option.

iambeavis 18:28 20 Oct 05

Ccapp - click here

bremner 18:29 20 Oct 05

Do you also have Norton Anti virus?

Assuming the answer is yes the common cause for the ccApp problem is that Norton tries to scan the floppy drive on shutdown.

To stop this go to NAV and then Options > Auto Protect > Advanced > and take the tick out of the "Scan Floppy Disk A: for boot viruses when shutting down"

Dorsai 19:17 20 Oct 05

[quote] and take the tick out of the "Scan Floppy Disk A: for boot viruses when shutting down"[/quote]

These days this is quite safe.

The Net, coupled with the fact that floppy disks are almost never, ever, used anymore, means that "Boot sector Viruses" are almost, if not compleatly, unheard of these days.

genesis59 19:58 20 Oct 05

Sunny staines,
I assume you mean scandisk? Done that a while ago. Thanks

iambeavis,
Not 100% what your suggesting. Been on the shortcut and have done the Norton updates but it's saying my PC is upto date which I make sure it is anyway. Thanks

bremner,

Yes I do have NAV2004. Have done as you suggest and await any signs of improvement. Bit confused though as the problem exists before I try to shut down. Thanks

Dorsai,
Thanks very much for the reassurance.

Will respond if any improvements are evident.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…