ccagent.exe?? anyone know

ColonelSnow 14:57 10 Jan 10

Hi Guys.

Anyone heard of ccagent.exe

Its giving me instant alerts that i have problems on my pc, its comes on screen as Control Centre- aksing me to upgrade to the full version for $59....its a virus of some sort...

I ran Norton Internet Security and it found nothing, i ran SuperantiSpyware which picked up some spyware but when it cleaned it asked me to restart my pc so i did, when the pc restarted it started so far then it wouldnt let me go any further- the ControlCentre thingy came up again and wouldnt let the pc continue unless i paid for the full upgrade...

at this point i clicked CTRL ALT DEL got the task manager running and told it to run the ccagent.exe process in windows 95 compatibility mode, only then would my pc start up...wierd huh.

Anyone know how i can get rid of this??

Thanks Guys

Sea Urchin 15:04 10 Jan 10

Download Malwarebytes (free version) - update and run and then remove all it finds. Then run quick scan again to make sure all is clear.

click here

Sea Urchin 15:06 10 Jan 10

PS You should never click anything when these rogue windows appear - not even Close. Just go to Start and reboot.

Sea Urchin 15:10 10 Jan 10

Before using Malwarebytes you need to stop the CCagent processes running - scroll down to removal instructions

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac