CC Cleaner

tonyx1302 17:47 13 Jan 05

After running Crap Cleaner in the Windows section, it tells me that I have 8 old sites that need deleting. After clicking on 'Run Cleaner' it then tells me that it has removed sites but they still show in the screen.
I have run A2, CleanUp etc after CC hoping this will clear them but they still remain even after rebooting.
How do I delete them please.

Tony

PS I'm on XP

tonyx1302 20:19 13 Jan 05

Any ideas please..............

Jackcoms 21:16 13 Jan 05

"it tells me that I have 8 old sites that need deleting".

What do you mean - '8 old sites'? What sites?

Cook2 21:25 13 Jan 05

Did you remember to tick the boxes or right click - select all then Fix.

Djohn 21:30 13 Jan 05

If they are showing in the "Issues" section, tick the boxes then fix Issues. After fixing the Issues you may cause some more issues in doing so and you will need to run it again to fix those.

Jackcoms 21:35 13 Jan 05

Cook2 and Djohn

Breitling didn't say that he/she used 'Scan for Issues'.

Shouldn't we wait for a response to the first question before blinding him/her with science?

Djohn 22:02 13 Jan 05

I suppose that puts me in my place then! :o(

Cook2 00:41 14 Jan 05

Still waiting. !o/

Jackcoms 07:51 14 Jan 05

And still waiting ....

tonyx1302 11:10 14 Jan 05

So sorry for the delay in coming back to everyone who answered. I had to unexpectedly go out last night and this is the first chance I have had to get back on my pc.

After running 'Run Cleaner' in the Windows part of the prog. it gave me a list of all that I could delete,( about sixty deletes ). After deleting the list it showed 8 web sites that I didn't know or hadn't visited still remained although it showed that they had been 'removed' ! ( are you still with me? ).

Now this morning after running CC again, all is well and they have been cleared so it appears it has corrected it self.

It is a brilliant little prog. that I found via this forum a long time ago, but have only recently updated to v1.16.084 without deleting previous CC, so could that have caused the problem?

Thanks everyone for your responses and my apologise once again for the delay in replying to all the kind folk out there. Your interest and help is always appreciated, even if it is not always acknowledged.

Tony

P.S I will 'green tick 'this shortly in case any one has any further comments

Jackcoms 12:14 14 Jan 05

No, installing the latest version of CCleaner over a previous version is perfectly OK. It says as much at the CCleaner website.

When you choose 'Run Cleaner' under the Windows and Applications tabs, whatever comes up is automatically removed/deleted by CCleaner. It is only under Issues that you are given the option to delete or not.

It is perfectly safe to delete all that it finds. If you are unsure, you have the option to back up your registry before deleting anything, though.

For what it's worth, I've been using CCleaner for 7 or 8 months now on a weekly basis. I've NEVER backed up my registry and never experienced any probs with CCleaner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…