Cause for concern over security

Jada 02:34 16 Jan 03
  Jada 02:34 16 Jan 03

Hello all

I am hoping this is not true, and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me more. I have been reading stuff on the internet regading hotmail accounts, and how easy it is to hack into someones email. Is this true? Can someone do that, or not, and if they can, is it as easy as some articles make out. If you can, please do not describe how to on this discussion board.

Thanks

John

bigdamouk 02:51 16 Jan 03

there have been articles on the net regarding this click here

Jada 15:18 16 Jan 03

After reading the atricle you point to, it seems to suggest that there has only ever been one major security breach on the hotmail site. Still it is a worrying issue.

Thanks again

Jada

Jada 15:19 16 Jan 03

After reading the atricle you point to, it seems to suggest that there has only ever been one major security breach on the hotmail site. Still it is a worrying issue.

Thanks again

Jada

QuickHare 15:32 16 Jan 03

I am not standing up for Microsoft (I've sent them many pieces of mail about my spam and still nothing is done about it) but don't forget that article was dated in 1999. It only was for a day. A long time, but it's fixed now, and so it's over with.

I expect the most determined hacker will get in through many means, but one method seems more popular than the rest: Deceit.

I've seen ads that state my connection isn't optimised. To anybody new to the net, this is worrying. The style of the box being Windows XP when I've got Win 9x suggests it's just an add and not a warning to me.

Con artists are everywhere and they will try every trick in the book to get people's attention. It's up to the public to notice what's right and wrong and steer clear of the wrong.

Ok, so ads aren't hackers trying to get into Email accounts. Create a program to mass-mail people with emails that play on their conscience to send back their passwords, and you can gain access to anything you want.

It boils down to one thing: Don't trust anything on the web and feel free to ask for proof of who the person you reply to is. If it seems too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

Well, that's my opinion.

Sorry for the lengthy piece. It helped me to unwind a bit.

QuickHare

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…