ptrafc 18:36 12 Jun 04

I'm about to update my ATI Radeon 9800 pro driver, but when I come to remove the old display driver, a box appears to ask which driver I want to uninstall. I can choose from Radeon 9800 Pro > AGP > Primary OR Radeon 9800 Pro > PCI > Secondary OR Both. Do I uninstall both?

Smiler 18:45 12 Jun 04

Don't know why you have both installed as you either have an agp graphics card or a pci graphics card.

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:03 12 Jun 04

I am in the process of downloading driver update for radeon 9600, which is called catalyst. In my device manager I have a primary and secondary 9600.

I set a restore point prior to the download, so if I get the same options as you, I will let you know if any don't work. And, hopefully, which is the best option.

BeForU 00:23 13 Jun 04

Just uninstall both simple enough. Reason you would get a primary & secondary is because your graphics card probably supports dual monitor/tv-out capabilities therefore having 2 drivers for it. I have a 9700 Pro it does the same so theres nothing to worry about.

Steven135 00:32 13 Jun 04

I have an ATI 9800 Pro are you updating because of a problem? The advice is not to update unless you have to.

PSF 11:12 13 Jun 04

It is best to un-install all the drivers and also the control panel. click here For the tool to remove all ATI drivers.

Only re-boot after the control panel and drivers have been removed .

When you have re-booted cancel the Windows new hardware installation messages. Then install the drivers from where you have downloaded them, follow the instructions.

ptrafc 11:43 13 Jun 04

Good advice thanks, I'm going to give it a whirl now. Yes I am updating coz of a problem, although I don't know if it'll fix it. My comp (only 4 month old) had restarted itself twice in the past few days, which it has never done before, and it's done it while watching a DVD and starting up a game Editing program.

Steven135 16:54 13 Jun 04

If this doesn't fix the problem untick automatic restart. System properties-advanced-settings then at least you will be able to see the error message for further help on here.

Hope the driver update sorts it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…