catalogue of errors - ntoskrnl.exe ???

steviekill 11:19 14 Apr 03

Hi Techies,
I am experiencing a strange problem that I cannot work out for the life of me. I am running a mini network at home using WIN2K server.

Recently (last two sundays in a row) I have had a stop error message on a blue screen stating the ntoskl.exe. So i booted of the WIN2K Server CD and run emergency repair > then automed repair and this fix's the problem for the week, with multiple reboots.When sunday night comes the same happens again monday morning. I run automated scheduled tasks on sunday (backups etc) could this effect it ?

Most importantly how do I repair it and save this ntoskl.exe to the computer permanently ?

I also get sp1.cab currupted and .SIF currupted. I am running a FAT32 file system .

I also get the ordinal 135 mstlsapi.dll cannot be found.

Please if anyone can shed some light on these errors and better still how to resolve them please all info welcome. Thanks

recap 11:52 14 Apr 03

Can not find anything for ntoskl.exe any where on the Net steviekill, are you sure that is the correct message?

Install SP3 this may fix the SP1 problem.

It is far better to have NTFS file system than FAT32 on a W2K server.

click here for Microsofts technet site.

steviekill 12:01 14 Apr 03

Its is not ntoskl.exe but ntoskrnl.exe.

How do I upgrade from FAT32 to NTFS File system ?
What advantages does this have (security) ?

galatic door 13:11 14 Apr 03

i think it is something to do with the boot.ini file
click here
for more info

recap 16:30 14 Apr 03

NTFS is better at security and a whole host of things steviekill like, increased robustness, support for large media, support for large HD up to 2 terabytes and faster access.

Remember once converted to NTFS you cannot change it back unless you reformat. Look in Accessories/Adiministrator Tools/Computer Management/Disk Managment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…