cassette tape to wav file?

Andy.F. 14:32 06 Jan 03
  Andy.F. 14:32 06 Jan 03

I have a tape of a guy reciting a funny poem. I thought (wrongly) that all I had to do was run a cable from the hi-fi headphone to the mike in on my soundcard and record on windows sound recorder...unfortunately the sound recordr only does 60 seconds and the tape is almost 5 minutes.Can anyone tell me please of any freeware pog. I could use to send the poem to my computer so I can put it onto disk. This is the only piece I want to convert and record so expensive progs. are not going to be worth it......thank you all very much..Andy

norman47 14:43 06 Jan 03

You can get a free trail of sound forge from here. It will do all you want and more.

click here

Hope this is what you are looking for.

norman47 14:48 06 Jan 03

Sorry wrong url. That has limitations on it.

This is the free beta. v5.

click here

norman47 15:03 06 Jan 03

This gives you 2 weeks unlimited and is only 404k.

click here

Andy.F. 19:37 06 Jan 03

Thanks a heap norman47. I downloaded your second sugestion but was unable to find the beta version of Sound Forge 5.0. Do you know where abouts it is on the site please...maybe I'll find it with a Google search now I know what I'm after...once again, many many thanks for your trouble...Andy.

spikeychris 19:54 06 Jan 03

The beta expired on March 19, 2001, try the link above your last post

Number 6 is available as a trial but it will not let you save.

Andy.F. 19:59 06 Jan 03

Thanks spikeychris...I saw that and thought, if I cant save how am going to send to Nero to burn...then again, do you burn direct from sound forge 6.0. Andy

Andy.F. 20:02 06 Jan 03

Spikeychris...yeah, I just looked and CD. burning is disabled in the demo version joy mate.

spikeychris 20:05 06 Jan 03

Normans link click here seems a good one as...

CD Burning is disabled in the demo version of Sound Forge.
CD extraction is disabled in the demo version of Sound Forge.
The demo version of Sound Forge has a 2 minute play limit.
The demo version of Sound Forge has a 2 minute record limit.

spikeychris 20:06 06 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…