Cassette tape to cd-r

misters 21:40 11 Dec 03

Hi just wondering if someone could give me a guide in doing this, software needed, hardware etc.

canute44 21:53 11 Dec 03

I too am interested in this. Can one connect a cassette deck to the sound card and record, say a WAV file and then convert to MP3 or whatever?

madPentium 21:54 11 Dec 03

Most sound cards come with a recorder of some kind, where you can record external sounds from the line-in port, or microphone.
You need to get the relevant leads to go from your tape player to the sound cards line-in port.
Then start your recording software.
This will then be saved as a .wav file
Most cd burning software (when you tell it you are creating an audio cd) will convert the .wav file to a proper audio format .cda for your hi fi.

Mad Boy 21:58 11 Dec 03

Me also interested, but there is no leads in my hi-fi to pc :(

canute44 22:00 11 Dec 03

Thanks for the confirmation madPentium!

Joe McG 22:00 11 Dec 03

Mad Boy,

Its inexpensive to buy a lead, to go from your headphones socket, to your soundcards line-in.

Bapou 22:22 11 Dec 03

click here Audio Cleaning Lab. 3.0 or the latest version, 2004.

I use a connection from the headphone socket of stereo to computer line in. Cleaning up cassettes is easier than vinyl records, particularily after years of vinyl and wear and tear. Audio Cleaning Lab does a very good job removing clicks, scratches and hissing.

The Magix website will lead you to a tutorial on the subject or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…