Cassette Desks (USB) to PC

tburchell 22:52 18 Feb 09

I wonder if someone could advise me of a good quality USB Cassette Desk so I can transfer tapes to my PC

Stuartli 23:03 18 Feb 09

Just key in "Compact cassette deck + USB port" into Google and you will find examples from ION etc.

eedcam 05:39 19 Feb 09

Do you not have an existing tape deck you could use

tburchell 08:28 19 Feb 09

Thank you for your messages. I have seen the ION ones, are they any good, as I have never heard of them before.

eedcam 08:46 19 Feb 09

Still say you would be better off with an ordinary stereo tape deck if you have one dont be fooled by the Software included you can get the same one 'Audacity' for free anyway

tburchell 08:48 19 Feb 09

Thank you for that, how would I connect a standard cassetee desk to my PC as most of the connections are phono? Thanks again. Can you get phono to USB leads?

Stuartli 10:11 19 Feb 09

Connect using 3.5mm jack plugs to the onboard sound/sound card's input/output sockets.

ION is well known - I'm surprised you haven't seen the many advertisements for its USB equipped record deck to allow transfer of vinyl output to a computer system. See:

click here

As for its USB cassette deck, look no further than:

click here

Stuartli 10:14 19 Feb 09

This lead will probably allow you to use your own cassette deck:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…