cassette deck to pc

joe95 14:25 01 May 05

I am trying to connect my tape deck to my PC.
I have cinnected the red and the white to the line out of my deck on my PC there are 2 inputs below where my speakers are connectedone is blue and the symbol seems to be a speaker the other is pink and symbol seems to be a mike.Where dio I connect to please and have I got the right cable.
Thanks Joe

jack 14:38 01 May 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:44 01 May 05

Line out on deck goes to line in on PC sound card which will be a 3.5 mm stereo jack here

Sans le Sou 14:52 01 May 05

You could get a double phono(red and white) to a 3.5mm minijack. Use the phonos as you are doing and plug the minijack into your "line in"

Sans le Sou 14:54 01 May 05

If you do not have a "line in" you will have to use the microphone socket but it will not be as effective as a line in

Arnie 14:58 01 May 05

Generally, the colour convention for audio connections are: Pink, mic in. Blue, line in. Green speaker or headphones out.
You will need a lead from your recorder, left (white), Right (red), terminating in a 3.5mm stereo jack plug. This should be connected to the line in on the computer.

If you look at the bottom right hand corner of your monitor screen, you should see a speaker icon, (volume). Right click on this to Open volume Control. Untick the mute box and adjust the slider of the line in to suit your recorder output level.

Hope this helps.

joe95 15:02 01 May 05

there are 2 more inputs next to my phone input they are green and pink. The cable I have has red,yellow and white jacks.

Arnie 15:05 01 May 05

As Sans le Sou said. Connecting to the microphone in, will not give the correct response.
You will find the sensitivity too high and it will not have a flat response.

Sans le Sou 15:09 01 May 05

You have a composite cable, the red and white are for audio and the yellow is for video. Are there 3 phono plugs at each end of the cable? Phono or RCA plugs won't fit in a 3.5mm socket.

Arnie 15:11 01 May 05

The yellow jack, (RCA phono), is normally reserved for a video connection. You will nee a new lead as advised.

Arnie 15:13 01 May 05

Sans le Sou beat me to it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…