Cassette to Cd

Lasse 12:22 23 May 04

Can anyone recommend a good programme to record my old cassettes to cd If it is legal of course. I would prefer a shareware or freeware programme, but I am also willing to buy one. Many thanks.

covers 12:37 23 May 04

I'm in the process of doing this with old cassettes. I'm using Blaze Audio's RipEditBurn and then Blaze Audio's Wave Breaker to separate into tracks (although it's not entirely accurate and you may have to merge and split tracks - you can do without this if you want to sit there and record tracks individually. They are free for a 30 day trial.
Go to click here
Have fun

covers 12:37 23 May 04

I'm in the process of doing this with old cassettes. I'm using Blaze Audio's RipEditBurn and then Blaze Audio's Wave Breaker to separate into tracks (although it's not entirely accurate and you may have to merge and split tracks - you can do without this if you want to sit there and record tracks individually. They are free for a 30 day trial.
Go to click here
Have fun

Bapou 13:02 23 May 04

click here It's free.

krypt1c 13:57 23 May 04

Have a browse on this site click here

pj123 15:16 23 May 04

Doing the same thing. Transferring Cassette, LPs and Reel to Reel to CD. The two programmes I use are LP Recorder and LP Ripper from click here not free but very good. LP Recorder (as its name implies records the whole cassette, LP or tape as one long .wav file) LP Ripper will let you split the wav file back into separate tracks.

roy 15:52 23 May 04

Bookmarked

pj123 15:59 23 May 04

If you go the route of LP Ripper and LP Recorder make sure you go for US$ as it is about £7 cheaper than the AUS$ price. Check the exchange rate before ordering.

Night Ryder 18:33 23 May 04

If you are prepared to pay a small sum of money, "Adobe Audition" is an excelent piece of software which will allow you to save your files to a number of different audio formats. The software will also allow you to clean up your files by optionaly removing hiss, clicks and pops from your recordings. "Adobe Audition" is the one I use for collectiong audio files from many sources, from old LP's to cassettes, but as I said you will have to pay for it.

toxin 20:14 23 May 04

Try click here the downloadable trial program lasts 30 days for free.

Record one side of the tape, split into separate tracks, clean up hiss and pops etc, and save to HDD.

I used it many months ago, and it's good for a free prog.

Hope this is helpful.Toxin.

Bapou 23:30 23 May 04

If you really want to buy then Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 is a first class choice available from click here

I've used this for converting my LP and cassette collection to CD. Took some time, some LP's were in a poor state, but well worth the effort and cost of program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…