cassete tapes to PC...again BUT different

terendak_uk 19:46 04 Sep 05

I noticed that there are several music microsystems in the shops that not only contain a cassette deck but also have a CDR. Ok, cost, therefore quality is not high but, short of buying the cassette reader that fits into the PC,( still only available from the States, surprisingly) does anyone know as a fact if I can use such a system to record my cassettes onto a CDr, for subsequent transfer onto my PC HDD? I asked in Dixons and.......blank faces.
Am also about to email the makers of such systems.

Diodorus Siculus 19:51 04 Sep 05

Yes. Well, sort of!

They will play on the PC. From there you can record what is being played to the hdd. Then convert to mp3 / wav or whatever you want.

woodchip 19:51 04 Sep 05

You sould be able to get or make a cable that fits the earphone socket on the player to line in on the computer. you then need some kind of recording software

Diodorus Siculus 19:52 04 Sep 05

To record, take a look at audacity

click here

terendak_uk 19:55 04 Sep 05

I thought that if I record from cassette to CD, then from CD to HDD as MP3...but, silly me. Direct from system to PC via cable should give better quality?

terendak_uk 19:59 04 Sep 05

for input. My apologies for not really "hearing" the sound advice already given, many times here!

Diodorus Siculus 20:11 04 Sep 05

[quote]Direct from system to PC via cable should give better quality?[/quote] - not especially but it will be ok with a decent player and quality soundcard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…