Casio QV-R40 USB problem

Macrho 13:14 30 Dec 03

Having problems connecting my new Casio QV-R40 to my PC. When the PC starts up, a panel is displayed which says "Please wait while Windows updates it's hardware database." The process freezes every time at this point and the only way I can get rid is to Control, Alt, Del. Looked in the Control Panel-System-Driver info list and the Camera is not even recognised. Have installed both CD-Roms (independantly at first then in desperation, together) which came with the camera, Kodak Photo Share and Casio Software, but the camera is still not detected. Any ideas please before I throw the thing out of the window?!!

Jester2K 13:36 30 Dec 03

What version Of Windows?

Jester2K 13:40 30 Dec 03

From click here

Under R40 - "Do not install USB driver from the CD-ROM onto a computer running Windows XP. USB communication becomes enabled simply by connecting the camera to the computer with the USB cable."

Jester2K 08:44 31 Dec 03

Operating system is Windows Me

Please respond in the thread and not by e-mail

Macrho 17:39 01 Jan 04

Apparently, I should have just plugged the camera in and Windows Me would have detected it. Unfortunately the ports are no longer there anything I can do to clear them?

MAJ 17:44 01 Jan 04

Try System Restore to a date before you installed the USB drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…