Cash Drawer Wiring

PalaeoBill 09:03 AM 23 Apr 11

Hi I have a number of Epson TM-U950 receipt printers which have RJ11 Drawer Kick (DK) connectors. I am trying to connect these to cash drawers recycled from old Sharp ER-1772s cash registers.

The cash drawers have two, two wire IDC connectors comming from them. One IDC connector has an orange and white wire, which come from a solenoid in the cash drawer. The other IDC connector has a red and white wire, which come from a micro-switch in the cash drawer. The micro-switch has no other wires.

I suspect the orange/white are ground/+24v and the red/white pair are simply open/close circuit to give the open/close state of the till drawer.

The Epson pinout for the RJ11 suggests: 1 = Not Connected, 2 = CD1, 3 = +24v, 4 = +24v, 5 = CD2 and 6 = Ground.

I would appreciate it if a tech savvy person could tell me which cash draw wires need to go to which pins on the RJ11 connector.

I can deal with the software for making the Epson trigger the drawer kick.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…