case upgrade .......

Bazz2000 23:40 29 Feb 04

Hi folks,I need to upgrade my case. Is it simply a matter of taking everything out of the old one and slotting it in the new one? I would probably need to upgrade the mobo anyway as its a micro. Most of the cases ive looked at have been bigger. There are two reasons I want to do this. Ive ran out of power connectors from the psu, and its running a little warmer since a graphics card upgrade and id like to put a couple more fans in there. Secondly, I want to buy a dvd writer. I cant put one in this case as it was shop bought and has their plastic modifications all on the front. Thanks for your help.

pete-290318 23:50 29 Feb 04

basicly youve got it right ...
if youre thinking of a motherboard upgrade, look for a case that suits your new board. Most new boards have front panel sockets,so get a case with front sockets for usb and possibly audio sockets. your other stuff just bolts in .. Make sure you get a big enough PSU to cover your other additions graphix card etc and youll have no probs ..touch wood.

Bazz2000 23:55 29 Feb 04

cheers mate. What are the actual sizes of mobos? So I can see the size when im lookinh on the web.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…