Case Upgrade

dan boy 21:50 20 Feb 04

Hi all

Just got a new processor (2500+ barton) and new graphics card (radeon [email protected] softmod). Now ive got all the technical stuff out the way im wanting a bit of style. Obviously i haven't got a million quid to spend (if i had id have gone and bought an alienware!) but want something a bit more classy than my V770 case with side window.

Im looking at two cases, thermaltake VM100A Lanfire Black ATX case with side window No PSU, or, Zorro Black Midi TRNS side panel + fan 450w PSU.
(thermaltake can be found at click here product code 55472) (zorro at click here )

If i go with the thermaltake ill have to buy a new PSU. Thinking about Superflower real 420w dual fan PSU silver ( click here product code 51352)

Can i have any advice on which to go for, i know the thermaltake is quite a considerable amount more (is it worth it) but im willing to spend extra if it'll last me longer. Also is the superflower PSU any good. (don't know much about what to look for)

Thanks in advance

gudgulf 22:05 20 Feb 04

I considered the Zorro case myself--but changed my mind because the fastener for the front drive bay door is a very flimsy plastic affair.That and the fact the shop I use has a bargain section for returned and mildly damaged goods--had a lot of Zorro cases with broken door latches.A shame really as otherwise it is a stylish and well ventilated case.
Didn't have the cash for a Thermaltake case but if I had I know where my money would go.

dan boy 22:17 20 Feb 04

Yea thnx i think i might go for that long as the PSU i said is good enough for the it??????

gudgulf 22:35 20 Feb 04

Dont think that you'll have any problems with that power supply--on the other hand if you are going to invest in a case which should keep you going for years then consider more powerful one which will be good enough for the next few upgrades ;o)))

dan boy 17:45 24 Feb 04

thnx i might get a 500w instead. Ive seen a good one for about £45 which should keep me goin for a while.......i hope!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…