case speaker beeps when i adjust volume.

hugh-265156 23:05 31 Mar 03

not really a problem as such in fact i have only just noticed this.i have xp home on a packard bell with onboard sigma tel c major audio connected to a home cinema amp.i dont normally adjust sound settings as i only have the amp on if im gaming etc.however i was watching a movie earlier and just checked my sound settings beforehand and when i adjust the volume slider the case speaker beeps once.no other sliders beep and my sound is great.is this normal?cheers.

DieSse 23:11 31 Mar 03

There is normally a sound, but it's not from the case speaker - it's just a standard event sound.

hugh-265156 23:18 31 Mar 03

i did set up a profile and have checked event sounds but there are none that makes the case speaker beep that i can find.i also have mute internal speaker checked.as i say i have no problems with sound apart from this its just i know that my bios beep codes say one beep is ram refresh,interupt timer/controler failure,or replace mobo.i take it this only applies at boot though?

Djohn 23:52 31 Mar 03

DieSse is correct in what he says, and all Pc's with speakers will do this. The sound is, or should be coming through your speakers, to check this, turn off your speakers and try the Volume slider, it should remain silent. J.

hugh-265156 23:59 31 Mar 03

i have checked Djohn and its the case speaker beeping.device manager and dxdiag report no conflicts with drivers etc.

hugh-265156 00:10 01 Apr 03

i just checked and my sound chip is sis 7012.i think the sigma tel audio was installed via windows update some time back. just loaded the sis driver and it beeps too.but sound not as good rear speakers not supported.

DieSse 00:14 01 Apr 03

Well if you've proved it really is the case speaker, then it's an odd quirk. I can't see that it's a problem though. The error events you mention are at boot time when running specific tests, and will not be the cause of this.

Perhaps someone with the same system and sound card can check if they have the same oddity?

hugh-265156 00:20 01 Apr 03

thanks DieSse ill not tick resolved yet.as i have said the sound is fine and i only asked because i cant remember this ever happening before sound and system is ok otherwise.

DieSse 00:43 01 Apr 03

I don't wish to sound too pedantic - but if you unplug the external speakers - can you still hear the beep?

hugh-265156 01:02 01 Apr 03

lol! yes i can.just did that to check i wasnt going mad.

hugh-265156 01:05 01 Apr 03

i have also hunted around the ms knowledge base reinstalled the sigma tel driver and even checked packard bells website.this is annoying me now!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…