Case sizes, ATX, Micro/mini ATX and motherboards

Epirb406 23:15 28 Jan 06

Hi all,

Trying to save space with a new office set up.

Could any of you good folk tell me, can I shoehorn the contents of my ATX tower into a Micro ATX case?

Mother board is a PC chips m848U, dimensions of 305 by 224 mm.

Though I think I wouldn't mind too much if I had to buy a motherboard case combo as long as the rest of my kit fitted.

Cheers! Epirb.

Skyver 23:47 28 Jan 06

Take a look at these specs; click here

clayton 23:49 28 Jan 06

Hi Epirb

You would need to purchase a new MicroATX motherboard that supported your processor, memory ect to fit in one of the smaller pc cases.

Stuartli 00:44 29 Jan 06

You won't be able to fit your mobo or PSU and there's likely to only be three PCI slots - you need a mobo that will take your processor and RAM.

Why not buy a barebones version from click here (Systems tab) or similar outlet. It will be much cheaper than buying separately.

But you'll probably find the fiddling around in such a small case can be a real pain at times.

Epirb406 21:08 30 Jan 06

Hi folks, sorry not to be back before.

Seems I am a hiding to nothing and it is no big deal. In fact all I wanted to do was get the height of the case from 425mm to 400mm. Have been scouring the retailers but no success yet, that the problem with a standards I guess!

Already have a sff which works as a media machine and think that will live on the shelf and tower can get back under the desk!

Cheers All, Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…