In case it happens to you..............

Sethhaniel 06:46 07 Aug 04

switched on Computer and started Windows Explorer
(XP Home)
- to find all the text in BOLD - and even task bar etc,. in bold - the dates were also reversed to year first 2004,08,07 format in all windows and calender ----
Did system restore which took off last program installed etc - but text and date still unaltered -------
had tried display settings but they seemed unnaltered and country was set right - but date was in year firast order and no way to change it
--------------
Solution = some how?? the theme had changed from Windows Classic (my prefered option) to a similar named one - changed that back and the BOLD text was sorted - but I had to set machine to United States(English)and apply then change back to UK (English)and this rearranged the date - So all Hunky Dory again -
So if it happens to you - you know what to do ;)

rmriph 07:03 07 Aug 04

THANK YOU

VoG II 09:10 07 Aug 04

I'll never remember all that ;o)

Sethhaniel 09:15 07 Aug 04

well its in your posting now for future reference
-----------------------------------------
The only thing I can't fathom out is how & why it changed in first place - as not connected to web and all AVG etc,. run and updated regullarly to check progs. downloaded from my Memory Stick

Windows glitch? ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…