Case Fans

Dicmay 14:00 14 Mar 03

Hi!

I have a generic pc case with spaces for 2 80mm exhaust fans and 4 80mm intake fans.

The motherboard i have is an Abit Nf7-s. As far as i can tell from the manual there are three fan connectors on the mobo. One is for the cpu fan (cpufan1), one for the psu fan (pwrfan1) and the third is labelled chafan1.

My question is, is it possible to attach 6 80mm fans to this one connector (chafan1). It looks like a 3 pin connector. If so how.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated. I've tried googling but i cant seem to get the answer I'm after.

Cheers :)

Belatucadrus 18:50 14 Mar 03

Unwise to connect too many motors to any single connection, best idea would be to check with Abit to see what maximum load they recommend. Why do you want six fans ? it'll sound like a vacuum cleaner.

Dicmay 19:01 14 Mar 03

I was advised to fill up all my fan slots. :-/

I'll try with one exhaust and one intake. But the problem still remains that there is only one connector on the board free. Any way around this? Like some sort of Y adaptor.

Thanks!

Rayuk 19:08 14 Mar 03

Just buy 80mm fans with a Molex connector and connect direct to the power supply.
Another method is to use a Rheobus to power and control the rpm.
Something like this click here
this is just an example there are many cheaper versions around

flecc 19:38 14 Mar 03

You'll end up with more fans than Westlife!

Dicmay 20:27 14 Mar 03

Ba Boom!

Dicmay 20:28 14 Mar 03

Thanks very much you three.

That rheobus loooks nice :) I'll have a look into that.

Many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…