Case Fan - Stupid Question

barnettjacob 12:24 08 Jun 06

Here's a daft question but which way round should a case fan be fitted?

just got one of those orange AKASA ones - is the label on the centre of the fan supposed to point in or out?

Blitzer 12:46 08 Jun 06

Only silly question is the one you don't ask! :)

Generally speaking fans at the front and low tend to draw air into the case and those at the rear and top are used to exhaust the warm air out of the PC case. So it'll really depend on where you are fitting the fan as to what way round it should be. You may find there are some markings on the fan to indicate which way the air will flow through it when spinning. HTH. :)

barnettjacob 12:50 08 Jun 06

Thanks Blitzer - its going at the back. Based on what you say i should be able to work it out even if there are no marking.

Cheers!

ade.h 15:50 08 Jun 06

"Is the label on the centre of the fan supposed to point in or out?"

It depends on the brand; the majority point outwards for outward flow, while some point inwards for outward flow. When using a new (to me) brand, I always plug it onto a header without fitting it to the case (hold it firmly), then power up. Saves hassle.

DieSse 17:51 08 Jun 06

Look around the moulding on the fan - sometimes they have an arrow to indicate the airflow (and sometimes not!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…