Case Failure - Power ON switch dead

Spook Tooth 23:15 17 Jul 03

It appears that the 'power on' switch to my Lian Li case has died and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar, either with this brand (PC61) or other.

The power supply is evidently okay since the motherboard's LED light is ON but system will not initiate boot sequence at all. The connections from the switch look fine also and I've been to Lian Li's website and mailed for info on supply of spare switch. I was just wondering if anyone could advise differently. Thanks.

DieSse 23:33 17 Jul 03

The chances of the power switch being faulty, IMHO are about .01% or less (but not zero). All it does is send a signal to the motherboard to switch itself on - as you have noted, some of the power is there already.

Most likely culprit is the motherboard, then the PSU, then the processor, peripherals etc, trailing lower down.

DieSse 23:35 17 Jul 03

If you want to test a switch-on without using the actual switch - remove the connector on the motherboard (from the front panel power switch), and CAREFULLY and BRIEFLY short the two pins on the motherboard together. This simulates what the switch does.

Spook Tooth 13:18 18 Jul 03

Thanks for the info DieSse. This is a strange problem to me but maybe it's the motherboard as you point out (or something else).

Won't be trying anything for a couple of weeks but will try the shorting of the pins first. Darn computers... {mumble}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…