Case Cutting

poogles_uk 09:43 10 Nov 03

I have seen on wesites that you can cut out those holey fan covers on cases, i have no hole like this however i do have a fan mounted using cable ties, but this doesn't have one of these holes, if i get a fan and and a grill, if i cut a hole and 4 holes for the screws could i mount the fan so it properly draws air out?

Gongoozler 09:49 10 Nov 03

Hi poogles_uk. There is no reason why you shouldn't cut holes in your case to fit a fan, if you can find a suitable space and have the correct tools to do the job. As an alternative this fan click here uses a spare pci slot.

hugh-265156 10:28 10 Nov 03

you will need a dremel,jigsaw,drill etc to do this,some safety goggles and gloves are a must and if using a jigsaw it may also help if you have clamps and a workbench.

if you dont already have the tools it may just be more cost effective to buy a new case for 30 or 40 pounds with more room and places for fans to go.

it is fun though and there are lots of guides on how to do this if you search on google click here for one example.

i done this with an old case, took at long time to get the job done, but you have to be careful you dont bend the metal.

Best bet is to, as huggy said, go and buy one. You can get them with maybe 4 or 5 holes already done, fans on the side of the panel that can draw air in for ?30 for a JNC case.

I brought one and it is well worth it.

click here

poogles_uk 18:49 11 Nov 03

I have one of those, if i put it in the empty slot above the VGA card would it do the job of the exhuast fan?
I have one below my VGA card, so will have to get another.

I would be cheaper than 15.00 for fans etc, and more for drill bits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…