Cascading style sheets with FrontPage

Simon_P 02:03 19 May 04

I have a fairly basic website built with FrontPage 5 XP 2002 (oem) so have no manual.

I would be interested if it is possible to use CSS incorporated into the navigation structure, if so please could someone point me in the direction of a site that has information and possibly a “how to” guide for doing this.

What I would like to do is make a rollover navigation border that will link through the whole site, at present I am using hyperlinks in the shared border, which works fine, but would like to make it look a little more pleasing to the eye.

Tia

Forum Editor 07:08 19 May 04

1. Go to Page View.

2. Select File/New/Page or Web to open the Task Pane and choose Page Templates.

3. When the Page Templates dialog opens click on the Style Sheets tab. Choose Normal Style Sheet and click OK. FP will create a new empty style sheet and give the file the temporary name: new_page_1.css

4. You should also be presented with the 'Style' toolbar, although you may have to select it in view/toolbars if it doesn't show up.

Once you've created your style sheet you can apply it to your pages. Open the page you wish to link in Page View and go to Format/Style Sheet Links.
You can link the current page to a style sheet, or all your pages. Click on 'Add', locate your style sheet, and click OK. You'll then see your style sheet file appear in the list of linked style sheets. Keep repeating this process for each page that you wish to link. When you've finished click OK.

There isn't room here for a complete tutorial on CSS in FrontPage, but for a whole raft of information
click here click on the 'Web development' link and then on 'Cascading style sheets'.

Taran 08:41 19 May 04
  Simon_P 11:10 19 May 04

For your help, advice and links, it is very helpful I will resolve this as there is alot of info to take in and may take a while. I will post again if I get stuck.

Regards

Simon

Forum Editor 19:25 19 May 04

for the dead link. It should not have had the word 'then' after library/

Thanks to Taran for reposting it.

Simon_P 23:19 19 May 04

That it is not just me that makes mistakes!

Thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac