Cartridge probs

Hetti 14:29 20 Feb 05

I have a Lexmark all in one X2230, when i filled the cartride's with my Ink refill kit the black cartridge will not work at all, colour is Ok I have ran all the tests suggested by the manuel and have be in touch with the manufacture's but they say I should not use refills only original cartriges (great but so expensive) i have used ink refills in all off my old printers without problems.
I have placed cartridge in a plastic bag and swung it round incase of a air lock, and soaked the cartrides over night in cleaning fluid, i notice there seem to be a small leak on the cartridge (black) can this be the problem?
The printer is just a couple of months old or I would be tempted to replace it Im so sick of the problem I have been trying for 4 days now to correct it.
Any Ideas?

Totally-braindead 14:37 20 Feb 05

As a suggestion try a new black compatible click here or click here

Totally-braindead 14:39 20 Feb 05

Or try here click here very good price for originals though there P&P has gone up a bit.

Wak 15:24 20 Feb 05

Hi Hetti, I have a Lexmark and get my refill kits from click here as they also provide a cartridge holder which has a rubber mount for the print head and a separate syringe so that the ink can be drawn directly through the print head in case of air-locks.
I would also respectfully suggest that you make certain that you do not inject any air into the cartridge when re-filling.
Another point is to refill immediately the cartridge is empty or, better still, don't let it run dry in the first place.

An immediate suggestion regarding the air lock?
Is it possible to blow down the re-fill hole and force the ink down to the print head???
Hope this helps.

Hetti 16:00 20 Feb 05

Wak thanks
The ink makes a mark on the paper towel when I rest it there afer refilling so I thought the ink must be getting to the nozzle.

I will try to blow into the fill hole see if that helps.
Im not sure where the small amount of ink is leaking from when it is in the printer, have you had this happen?

Wak 21:33 20 Feb 05

They can sometimes leak a bit from the printhead after re-filling but I just print half a page of thick black lines to take away the excess.
Maybe over-filling can leave a quantity of ink above the level of the internal sponge, the weight of which causes a bit of ink to leak out, if you see what I mean??
Once the ink is level with the top of the sponge it no longer has any pressure on the exit holes in the printhead.
Just a thought!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…