Card Readers ‘Lost’ on Advent 3218

Anakrino 14:01 13 Jun 04

This computer has various connections on the front, which includes slots for Memory Cards - SD/MMC, Compact Flash, Smart Media, & Memory Sticks. Of these the only one I use is SD.
However, the computer recently has lost sight of the fact that it these slots exist. Support at the supplier has tried the XP facility for recovering back to a former date when it did work, and also talked me through deleting various items with the uninstall program and reinstalling them again. But with no success. Finally the advice was to reinstall everything from scratch from the virgin state. That I am reluctant to do because of so many additional programs, patches, and updates that have been installed since the original purchase.
Surely it must be possible to load in a patch or whatever to make the slots work again.
Has anyone out there any (detailed) suggestions as to how the SD card reader can be made to function again? PS. I’m only a facility user, not technical about programming!

Anakrino

Stuartli 14:12 13 Jun 04

Card readers don't require a driver with XP. It could be that the card reader itself is faulty.

Never installed an internal card reader (although I use one on another system) but imagine that there will be a USB connection or lead from it - have you checked this out first to make sure it has not been inadvertently dislodged or not firmly inserted?

Fruit Bat 14:17 13 Jun 04

Does your card reader have a led on it is this lit?

Try Control Panel / Add Hardware next
already connected yes

select generic reader drivers from list.

/\0/\

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…