card readers

March Wind 18 Sep 12
Answered

Buying a up to date camera. Will I need to buy a new card reader to cope with the card as it is a much larger. Is so which is the best and cheapest

Woolwell 18 Sep 12

I take it that you mean that the card is larger in capacity not size. What is your existing card reader? I will be surprised if the new card doesn't work with the old reader unless you have a very old reader.

hssutton 18 Sep 12

If you're using SDHC cards in the new camera then there's a strong possibility you will need a new reader. If you're using compactflash then probably your existing card reader will be ok

March Wind 18 Sep 12

Yes I am using a SDHC in a new card reader also the card reader I have is 7 years old.

March Wind 18 Sep 12

Yes I am using a SDHC in a new card reader also the card reader I have is 7 years old.

wiz-king 18 Sep 12

Cant you just plug the camera into the computer and download the piccies that way?

March Wind 18 Sep 12

I expect I could do but prefer to have a card reader. I will go to Jessops the camera shop and see whet they have. Thank you.

rdave13 18 Sep 12
Answer

I got a multi one from Asda for a fiver.

March Wind 19 Sep 12

Thak you

bjh 19 Sep 12

Try this. 7Dayshop is a reliable supplier, albeit not the fastest to deliver... takes about... 7 days!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message