Card readers

sloan_5 17:05 24 Mar 05

Hi Folks

I recently helped a friend set up a computer that we ordered with an internal drive to read a variety of memory cards.

It was working fine when I first set it up, but my friends tell me it is working no longer.

I haven't been able to get over there in person, but from what they tell me, when clicking on My Computer, the different drives for the different card slots are no longer visible.

I had them reboot, and it made no difference.

They are running Windows XP Home SP 2. Any suggestions for a fix??

cheers all

Sloan

ICF 17:12 24 Mar 05

Have a look in device manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks.

Jak_1 17:15 24 Mar 05

I assume that when you set it up that each drive for the cards was assigned a different drive letter? Loose conection possibly?

sloan_5 17:19 24 Mar 05

I asked my friends to look at Device Manager, and they said the whole screen was flickering when they tried that....but I ran out of time to work with them and told them to phone the shop where they bought the computer.

They haven't done that....and I might go over there on Sunday to have a look in person, so I was trying to get some feedback and suggestions before I did so.

dogbreath1 17:28 24 Mar 05

Not an ideal answer, but as a last resort, Lidl are about to start selling 16-in-1 memory card reader/writers for £9.99.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…