Card reader won't auto play

tes 09:31 09 Jan 05

Dvd's auto play ok but not cr. I have it set in device manager & Iv'e tried Ms auto play fix but still no go Anyone any ideas please?

sortof 09:40 09 Jan 05

If you have XP look here click here;en-us;822660

sortof 09:41 09 Jan 05

.....sorry about that - you said that did not work. I will keep looking.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 09 Jan 05

Sometimes Real player causes a coonflict, reset the file associations in real player.

tes 12:34 09 Jan 05

Fruit bat
How do I do that?

gel 12:40 09 Jan 05

Hello
Have a look at PHOTO DOWN LOAD
It may help
gel

Stuartli 13:44 09 Jan 05

Have you right clicked on the drive in My Computer and opened the AutoPlay tab via Properties?

Associate which is the default player and OK.

tes 14:22 09 Jan 05

yes Stuarti

Stuartli 16:45 09 Jan 05

Then it could just be that the CD laser has gone kaput - if it's a DVD-ROM drive new ones are little more than £10-£15 these days.

DVD drives have two lasers as the read wavelengths for CD and DVD are different.

tes 16:50 09 Jan 05

Stuarti
It's a Compact flash card reader & it works on my mates comp.

seedie 17:05 09 Jan 05

I've just tried this with my own card reader i.e. I unplugged it and plugged it back in again and the film thereon brought up that " what do you want windows to do" nag. It should work for you but I didn't do anything specific to make it work-in fact it was this query which drew my attention that it was possible. Sorry can't offer solution now but will have a look.

Using XP pro +SP2

Good luck

CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…