Card reader problem

Bling Bling 15:53 16 Feb 06

Hi all,

As the latest addition to my growing list of computer problems, I am now having trouble with my card reader. It is a 23-in-1 reader and usb 2.0 hub built into one unit. Unfortunately, I can't find a manufacturer's name for it anywhere, but it's the same device as in this Ebay auction: click here

For a start, it wont recognise as a usb 2.0 device. It flashes on for a second then cuts out and shows up in device manager as 'unknown device'. I've installed the supplied drivers but it's still not happy.

If I put it into my USB1 port, it recognises the device fine but it wont read my Kingston 512mb SD card (from my digital camera) even though it's got no problems with reading my SanDisk 512mb Compact Flash card.

I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2 installed.
Can anyone help?

Bling Bling 15:55 16 Feb 06

ps: the USB 2.0 ports on my computer are through a PCI card, but they're all showing up as working fine and other devices work ok when I plug them in. The USB1 ports are on my motherboard and also work fine with all my other devices.

Fellsider 16:05 16 Feb 06

Found this web site from the details on the above ebay link.

click here

May be of some help

Bling Bling 16:50 16 Feb 06

Thanks Fellsider. I've send them an email to see if they can point me towards the manufacturer's website or email me an updated driver or something. I'm starting to think that it's got something to do with service pack 2, but then again I always blame Windows :)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:39 16 Feb 06

The USB device in the card reader makes it a HUB.

The PCI card is also a USB HUB.

Therefore you are plugging a HUB into a HUB (unfortunately this always causes problems).

That's why its recognised in the USB1.1 and not in the USB2.

try htt://wclick here for advice

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 16 Feb 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…