Card reader problem

absent 17:29 14 Dec 04

Win XP,USB 2 hama 8 in 1 card reader. I had not used it for some time but it used to work fine, went to download some pics today using adobe elements without success. I get a message telling me the device is not connected or busy, I suspect it may be busy as when I insert a CF card the access light on the reader lights and stays on. The drivers are supplied by Windows and device manager does not show a problem.

BRYNIT 18:03 14 Dec 04

Sometimes when something has not been used for a while it may have problems communicating with computer. Try unplugging card reader reboot and then reconnect reader to see if windows can find card reader

absent 18:31 14 Dec 04

Thanks BRYNIT, tried your suggestion but did not do the trick.

absent 23:26 14 Dec 04

anyone

Muckle 23:31 14 Dec 04

Does or did it use any special software/drivers or just recognised by Win XP?

woodchip 23:37 14 Dec 04

If you can see it in Device Manager,Uninstall it reboot and then reconnect the reader

spuds 23:38 14 Dec 04

I use a PNY card reader, which originally caused occassional problems. PNY was consulted and they adviced that I used a self powered usb hub due to power requirement,took their advice and problem was solved.

absent 09:37 15 Dec 04

Thank you all for replying, I am now slightly embarrassed to let you know it was corruption on that particular CF card. A fast reply from hama support suggested this, so I tried a spare card and all was fine. Reformatted the faulty one and that is now also working.

Salinger 11:15 15 Dec 04

Even if you feel embarrassed, it is always good to find out the reasons behind a particular problem. It can help others in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…