CARD READER NOT WORKING

Stressed Mum 15:20 04 May 09

Dell 5150 - just tried to use the card reader but nothing is happening?? Not even being recognized. Checked Device manager - the yellow exclamation marks are next to 'storage' volumes - have tried updating driver with no success - have just recently had the PC repaired due to crash -

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:24 04 May 09

Sounds as if the repairers have disconnected the card reader from the mother board.

Right Click on the storage volumes in device manager select properties and tell us what the error message is (code 10?)

Stressed Mum 15:32 04 May 09

click here They all say the same -

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 04 May 09

Put card in reader
got to device manager
select each generic storage device and right click - uninstall
when all uninstalled
click Action (at top of device manager)- scn for hardware changes.
the storage devices will be reinstalled and you will now be able to see you card in My computer.

I have exactly the same problem and am still (occasionally) looking for a solution to keep the drives seen in My computer after I've rebooted the PC.

Stressed Mum 15:52 04 May 09

Wow! Thank you - the card slot I use is reinstalled - but the others are not - still have their yellow exclamation marks - I guess I have to do same with each slot??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 04 May 09

Will only work if there is a card in the particular slot.

Stressed Mum 17:24 04 May 09

Many thanks -

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…