Card reader - no driver

telkell 17:34 05 Nov 04

What do I do with a new multi-card reader which my PC doesn't recognise because it can't find a driver?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:42 05 Nov 04

Make of Card reader? operating system on your computer?

More info will help us to help you!

Diemmess 17:50 05 Nov 04

Had a similar problem when trying to make an old Mac laptop recognise a usb convertor.

Eventually found the driver by a net search with the name of the gadget.

pj123 18:06 05 Nov 04

Yes, as Fruit Bat /\0/\ says "Give us a clue"

What is the card reader, what O/S do you have???

Graham ® 19:11 05 Nov 04

The card should come with the driver on CD. Instal the driver before you connect the device.

telkell 19:18 05 Nov 04

System is WIN98SE. No CD with reader, but it came from reputable supplier--7day Shop.

Zak 19:30 05 Nov 04

Manufacturer,Make, Model etc. as already requested above.

You may be able to download a driver for Win98SE.

Are you sure that the multi-card reader you purchased runs on Win98SE?

I have had a look and they all seem to require later OS.

I purchased a SD card reader from 7 day shop 2 months ago and the description confirmed that it will run on Win98SE. I received a mini CD with the Win 98SE driver.

I had a similar problem with a pen drive from 7dayshop - no CD, but after I phoned them, they gave me the following link to download the W98 drivers.

click here

Check here to see if your item is listed.

Gongoozler 20:38 05 Nov 04

If the card reader is the 7dayshop 6in1 model number CR6-USB, I am using one of these. I can send you a zipped driver, or possibly post you a copy of the driver CD.

Gongoozler 20:48 05 Nov 04

Except for the printed markings, it looks like this click here

It's Me 21:50 05 Nov 04

I think that I've missed something here.

I have a multicard reader, USB type. Came with new PC. No sign of a CD or driver. Just plugged it in and there it was in 'My Computer' as large as life and it worked a treat. It looks similar to the one
Gongoozler shows.

Strange!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…