Card reader gone after re install of windows

Koochy 00:01 22 Sep 06

Hi all i know this is probably a trivial one for you but since doing a windows re install i have lost my built in card reader the only thing i have done different from what have done in the past is put a partition in the hdd (c:=50GB and d:=180 GB) i don't know if this is connected.The only thing i can find in the device manager is an unknown usb device so i tried to update the drivers from the Fujitsu seimens drivers disc but no joy. Any ideas very welcome.

Fujitsu Siemens scaleo p
XP sp 2
Anything else you need to know just ask.

Thanks

Koochy

Diodorus Siculus 01:18 22 Sep 06

Try a generic card reader driver off the net and see if it is any help - what card formats does the reader work with?

Diodorus Siculus 01:20 22 Sep 06

By the way, will windows update find anything for you?

If you can pin down the manufacturer details of the reader it may also help - the FS site may have something.

Koochy 01:31 22 Sep 06

I have tried the windows update but with no joy but i will try the fs site and post back
Thanks
Koochy

^wave^ 08:16 22 Sep 06

does the device show in device manager if it doesnt then you will have to investigate why if it does then look and check the drivers

Diodorus Siculus 08:30 22 Sep 06

^wave^ - it appears to be shwoing as an unknown device

^wave^ 08:36 22 Sep 06

did it ever come with drivers if so put in the disk and use them. if not you will have to find the type of device and go to there web site and down load drivers from there

Koochy 13:48 23 Sep 06

Hi all sorry about the delay in getting back.

I have used the drivers and utilities disc that came with the pc but tat didn't work so i tried deleting the partion and formating the hard drive again and the card reader is okay so i think i will just have to live without a partition.

Koochy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac