Card Reader drives no longer showing

Eileanbeag 13:29 09 Mar 09

My card reader drives have disappeared and when I go to device manager they have yellow marks which when I click on them tell med it is a Code 10 error. I tried to update driver but this did not work - I am running Windows Vista - how do I fix this?

T0SH 13:48 09 Mar 09

Have you tried a right click then uninstall on all of the problem items then remove any memory cards from the slots and reboot

Windows should find the hardware as new and hopefully will install drivers that work

Cheers HC

isca2 14:20 09 Mar 09

Have a look at this to see if it helps
click here

Eileanbeag 14:27 09 Mar 09

Have updated drivers and am told that they are up to date

compumac 17:38 09 Mar 09

I had a similar problem with a card reader physically contained in the PC, the icons disappeared and therefore could not be read.
I switched off the PC at the Socket. Turned the switch on the PC to off. Pressed and HELD the start button on the PC for thirty seconds. Released the start button. Switched the PC switch back on and then the socket switch, pressed the start button and lo - the card reader was functioning! I have had this scenario a number of times - Try it.

Eileanbeag 21:08 09 Mar 09

Thanks - tried it twice but to no ava\il!

472 21:25 09 Mar 09

I had this regular on an internal card reader on my desktop pc. To cure it I would turn off pc and take side of tower, follow lead from reader to mother board and unplug it and replug a couple of times, then turn pc back on and it would work again. It was as if it had a dirty connection.

compumac 22:19 09 Mar 09

In essence what I did.

472 20:27 10 Mar 09

compumac
But you did not say you actualy disconected the plug for the reader on the mobo inside pc did you.

compumac 21:46 10 Mar 09

True. I did not disconnect the plug.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced