Card reader.

rdave13 14:59 01 Aug 09

Have an SD card and my PC's card reader reads it ok. Using an SD HC card and it doesn't want to know. On my son's new laptop it's read ok. Have uninstalled the reader, rebooted and checked for new drivers but still the same. Is it just that the PC is five years old and card reader is older technology?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:04 01 Aug 09

SD HC

these cards use a different compression technology to get above 2g on the card and will not work in the older card readers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 01 Aug 09
  rdave13 15:10 01 Aug 09

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\. Had a feeling that technology had left my five year old hardware near obsolete! Still; can download via camera and USB.

1st spring 15:45 20 Aug 09

That reading is too much for me to take in. Whilst I have been posting this thread suddenly all my SD cards not read from the PC card reader. I wondered if I had done something wrong as I used to just take the card out of the slot. Recently changed my ways and started to click on Safely remove hard ware, didn't know if I had to click on the bobble then remove my card or just remove it. As you know its not a big issue just disappointing. I was wondering if one day I wasn't going to see my pictures at from the card, then I would have lost all that I had taken. Thank you for your input.

iarno 21:03 20 Aug 09

Don't use sd hc myself but found this. don't know if it will help.
click here

I.

rdave13 21:43 20 Aug 09

Thank you for the link. Can also get one supplied by Amazon, admittedly for a fiver, and possibly better quality. Can't see a reason for buying one ,though, as the camera uploads perfectly well via usb. Thank you for the suggestion nevertheless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…