Card Reader

lintony 20:52 27 Jul 05

I bought a USB2.0 Combo card reader from e-bay. I think I may have bought the wrong thing. When I was on holiday, the husband of my neice had a card reader onto which he can download photographs from the memory card of his digital camera, which enabled him to then delete everything on his card in order to take more photographs. Can anyone tell me what I should have bought?

Nelmon2k 21:01 27 Jul 05

From what I understand you have bought the right thing. What you have bought means that you can copy the files that are currently on your cameras memory card onto a laptop or computer, delete the files that are on the memory card and then as you said continue taking photos.

lintony 21:09 27 Jul 05

Okay that's great, but no instructions came with the thing. Can you help?

HondaMan 21:16 27 Jul 05

I assume that its a USB, in which case just plug it into a USB port on the computer, orinto a USB extension lead and it should appear as a removable drive in "MY COMPUTER". Just copy the files as you would any other files.

lintony 21:36 27 Jul 05

Sorry to be so dim about this. I can slot the card in and download the photographs to my computer, but what I want to be able to do is download the phoographs from the memory card into this card reader for downloading at a later date. Have I boutgh the correct one?

DieSse 21:51 27 Jul 05

What you are looking for is a device like this click here

which has a hard drive in it to store the contents of your cards. There are several around, this is just an example. You wll see that they cost substantially more than just a reader.

superfifth 21:51 27 Jul 05

You are not dim.What you have bought is just a CARD READER it does not store the files, it just transfers them to your computer.What size is the size of memory card are you using?It would be wise to invest in a larger size card i.e. 128,256,512MG or even 1G.Also the bigger the Mega pixels of your camera depends on how fast you fill the card.Hope this helps.By the way the cards are dirt cheap now.

superfifth 22:00 27 Jul 05

click here
click here
All dead cheap and very fast delivery.

lintony 22:03 27 Jul 05

Thanks for that. I was sitting here going crazy trying to figure it out. It says on it that it is a card reader/writer so I thought that it was the correct thing. Can you tell me then what I should buy.

I have a couple of memory cards each 64mb and are really enough for me in the meantime.

DieSse 22:21 27 Jul 05

Try a google search on ... card reader with storage ... if you're in the UK add uk onto the end - and you can see what it throws up.

DieSse 22:36 27 Jul 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…